long·ing (lôngng, lng-) n.
A strong persistent yearning or desire, especially one that cannot be fulfilled
as humans we all long for a connection, to be part of a whole. whether in friendship, romance or family, we are looking for a frequency that matches our own. in my paintings and mixed media pieces i find that connection invariably through words; lyrics or narratives that flow and weave themselves into images. at other times it’s in a face that i can’t let go of and begs to be reproduced or better yet altered, to create an identity that is lurking beneath the one presented. i long to create images that capture a feeling, a passion, a moment. i use materials that allow me to be as detailed as possible when i want to and some that take me on their own journey.
take the ride with me – it’s not always pretty, but it’s always interesting.
- the mARTket group show -sono arts festival, south norwalk ct. august 2011
- “i’m just sayin” – spoken word/group show/live painting. brooklyn, ny. monthly 2010-2011/ongoing
- live painting – xmental inc. port authority new york, ny august 2011
- queens college – portraits exhibit, queens college, ny 2004
- society of illustrators – new york, ny. “metamorphosis” – 1983